A new $21 million terminal expansion of Hawke’s Bay Airport taking the terminal footprint to 4100sqm started in April 2018 with completion scheduled for 2020.
Hawke’s Bay Airport is currently in discussion with airline partners which could see A320 jets introduced from 2020 and new routes likely to be direct services to Queenstown initiated.
- 400,000 visitors to HB Airport
- 748,000 passengers carried
- 900,000 passengers to the airport (projected 2025)
- 24,000 aircraft movements per year
- Passengers FY2017: 652,426
- Passengers FY2018: 697,143
- Passengers FY2019: 750,357
Hawke’s Bay Airport operates the airport at Napier that services the Hawke’s Bay region.
It is a council-controlled trading organisation, owned 50% by the Crown, 26% by the Napier City Council, and 24% by the Hastings District Council.
Total Passenger Numbers: