Hawke’s Bay Community Fitness Centre Trust (HBCFCT) is an independent charitable trust that was established in 2016 with the vision of helping New Zealanders live longer and healthier lives through the provision of world class sports and health facilities, programmes, services, research and education.
The Centre, based in Hastings, has undergone considerable development in the past two years with the assistance of central and local government, sponsors and donors. A state-of-the-art Aquatic Centre is planned to open in July 2022 along with a 60 room accommodation building for sportspeople and groups using the comprehensive multi-sport training and sports performance development facilities already in operation at the Centre.
The Trust has a Board of eight trustees, a mixture of representative and independent trustees, with a broad range of experience and skills. With the impending retirement of the Founding Chair, the Board wishes to appoint an independent Chair to guide the organisation into a flourishing and sustainable future and to continue engagement with stakeholders at local and national levels.
Particular skills/competencies sought:
- Experience at a senior leadership level that has focussed on transition management
- Governance experience on either commercial or not-for-profit boards.
- Proven commercial experience and a strong understanding of financial reporting
- Relationship management at senior levels
- Established networks within Hawke’s Bay, national and regional communities – key relationships within the sports performance and/or fitness, health and wellbeing sectors, government (local and/or national), senior community business leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
Time Commitment – the Board meets monthly for 2-3 hours and liaison with management would entail 2 – 4 meetings per month. Other monthly commitments, including meetings with stakeholders and potential funders, is approximately 5-10 hours per week.
Term – the Chair will be appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
This is an unpaid position with reimbursement of relevant out-of-pocket expenses.
For further information or to apply, please send your CV and cover letter outlining why you would be an ideal candidate to email@example.com Applications close 26 October