From 10 August, INZ will introduce fees for other entry requests:
- $380 for employers or other organisations seeking entry for “other critical workers”; and
- $45 for individual requests under all other established and future critical purpose categories.
A new online request form will be available for employers to replace the current manual process.
Suspension of offshore temporary visa applications
Offshore temporary visa applications will be suspended for 3 months. INZ cannot process these as applicants are unlikely to meet entry requirements.
The following offshore temporary entry class visa applications are not affected:
- relationship-based visas for partners and dependent children of New Zealand citizens and residents
- visas for diplomatic, consular and official staff and accompanying dependants
- Antarctic Traveller Visitor visas and Antarctic Work visas
- Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) Limited visas.
These policy settings reflect New Zealand’s international obligations and our special relationship with the Pacific.
Applications and expressions of interest for residence class visas remain open.