Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawke’s Bay is a not-for-profit organisation. We match volunteer mentors with children in need, aged between 6 and 12 years of age.
An emphasis is on establishing social, emotional and life skills through positive role-modelling by their volunteer mentor. We need to build a long term, financially sustainable funding base to provide vital services to children in Hawke’s Bay.
We are looking for candidates who are confident, organized, have contacts in the local community, and a desire to make a difference in the community. Other desirable skills and qualities include:
- Communication skills
- Social media skills
- Good organizational skills
- Empathy with child’s situation and specific needs
- The ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Creative thinking
- Good at problem-solving
- Meet at least once a month for a minimum of two hours
- Brainstorm and plan an annual funding strategy
- Implement the funding plan
- Hands-on role at fundraising events
This could be an opportunity to give back to the community and make a positive difference to children in Hawke’s Bay.
For more details contact: Patricia Small 022 581 2965