We are writing to let you know that log trains on the railway line between Napier and Wairoa will be resuming on Saturday, 21st November. Trains will run every Saturday and Sunday (2 return services a week) between Wairoa and the Napier Port, carrying logs from local forests to Napier Port for export. These logs will be loaded onto our trains at the new Wairoa yard.
- Freight trains are returning once again to regular services on the Napier to Wairoa railway line.
- Regular log trains will be running, and special rail vehicles will also travel on the railway track for maintenance activities.
- People should take special care, and always assume that trains and rail vehicles will come at any time, from either direction.
- Whether you’re driving or on foot, please stay off the tracks at all times, and only cross at official level crossings.
- Look both ways up and down the tracks for trains, and wait for the train to pass before crossing.
You can also follow KiwiRail’s FaceBook page to like and share our messages www.facebook.com/KiwiRailNewZealand/
For more rail safety information, please visit www.tracksafe.co.nz
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like any further information